Saturday, August 15, 2009

signs of marriage?

So someone proposed to me today ... via email.

"Maybe it's going a little bit too fast but that doesn't matter. See I want very, very few things in life. Which means when I do want something, then I'm very sure about it and I get it at all costs. So we can think about our future but all we're going to see is you and I in the beginning, you and I in the middle, you and I in the end. (I'm tempted to use 'you and me' cause I think it sounds better in this instance but I don't know how the English major will like that) I also won't explain why I love you right now. If I do, you'll be so dazed, knocked off your feet with melted heart and buckled knees that we'll have to get married tomorrow and
that is moving fast.

I'm impressed with how fast you knew what kind of diamond you wanted. You've thought about it before. But I think it's a good time to have our first lovers' tiff. I absolutely agree with the white gold, I'll place the solitaire in the middle myself and search the deepest cores of the earth for the finest diamonds on the side. But I can't give you a princess cut. I'll give you a hearts and arrows cut."

If it was a different guy who sent this to me or a different context of this whole 'email proposal', I seriously would be swooning. jokes.

(Un)Fortunately, this is all a joke since that's the nature of our friendship.

But hey, a shoutout to G: Thanks for making my day 10 times better and making me feel less pathetic for being single. You're gonna make a great boyfriend/husband to that lucky girl someday. And you'll have little G's running ... I mean, sitting ... quietly ... around.

No comments:

Post a Comment