skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
reflections of the first kind
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
some thoughts.
Last year, a pastor in Australia wrote a hit song, "Healer," which was featured on the Hillsong "This is our God" album & concert(s). At the time that he wrote the song, he was battling a losing fight to a rare form of cancer. Complete with oxygen bottles strapped onto him while he sang, Pastor Mike Guglielmucci presented a convincing portrait of a cancer victim. Yet, the truth has come out that he was lying .. and had been lying about his 'cancer' for 2 years. Moreover, the reason he did that was because he could not confess that his real battle was with porn (for over 16 years).
I've included the news clip of the story and if anyone wants to listen to the song (and watch TV video of the concert), it's
here
When I first heard about this, I didn't really know what to think. I mean, if you watch the video above (which I really think you should) before you watch the newsclip ... you clearly see people crying and being touched by God through the song. And if you listen to the words of the song, they're words of truth and not ... lies.
So the confusion is: does God work through something like this -- when a man wrote a song out of a lie? Or maybe the question doesn't even matter because the truths remain that Jesus is the Healer of all things. Yet, there is an uncomfortable feeling when one thinks about the man who wrote this song ... did he truly believe that God was His Healer? Then why did he go to such lengths to cover his addiction to porn by making up a huge lie about cancer? (to the point that people around the world were praying for him and funds were pouring in for cancer research and also to support him).
Hmm... I don't have any answers to this. I'm perplexed as to 1) how someone can lie to such an extent 2) the pressure on pastors/leadership figures that would drive them to hide their true identities.
I don't know. End of the day, just watching the song video again, the words are true, "nothing is impossible with God". Even though Mike Guglielmucci lied to so many people, God still used that song and Guglielmucci's song to affect thousands.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Useless Details
View my complete profile
History
History
January 2007 (2)
March 2007 (2)
April 2007 (1)
July 2007 (2)
October 2007 (1)
December 2007 (1)
February 2008 (1)
March 2008 (1)
May 2008 (1)
January 2009 (2)
February 2009 (3)
March 2009 (2)
April 2009 (3)
May 2009 (3)
June 2009 (1)
August 2009 (1)
September 2009 (1)
October 2009 (1)
November 2009 (4)
January 2010 (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment